Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Bulletproof Coffee on Steroids

Here's a really easy coffee recipe to up its health benefits and flavor big time! I mean its like a flavor bomb went off in your coffee. Taking my first sip reminded me of the first time I tried Moonshine. It was 2008, my brother brought  over to my apartment some Apple Brandy, aka Moonshine. I took a swig and the flavor was like a shot to the gut at first I wasn't sure if I like it, a couple minutes later I was ready for another, yep this stuff was good! 
I'm a big coffee lover, not only is it a nice way to start a sleepy morning but I just love the flavor. I usually drink it black but on occasion I will add a splash of heavy cream. I've  never been a huge fan of bulletproof coffee even though I know it has a lot of great benefits including increased fat loss, focus and energy, (coffee (organic) , MCT oil and a pad of grass-fed butter)  but when I added some other spices to it I really enjoy it as a nice treat.  
Be warned, the added spices really gives this coffee a kick and first sip might be quite an experience but like a moth to a flame you will keep coming back sip after sip. 
But before we get to the recipe, what the heck is MCT oil?
Medium-Chain Triglycerides are the most readily used form of fat for energy and it does not take any energy to break them down, its considered the perfect fat because it comes ready to use. Its said to help with increased calorie burning and fat oxidation. Like with everything, just as many reports that promote MCT oil for fat loss there are just as many that show inconclusive results so I encourage you to be your own judge and give it a try. Be your own N=1! 
Another form of MCT is Coconut Oil (YAY!!!!) 

Bulletproof Coffee on Steroids
Ingredients:
1 cup of  organic coffee (about 16 0z)
1 Tbsp MCT Oil - (start with 1, you can work your way up but no more than 2 Tbsp or you will be spending a lot of time in the bathroom)
1/2 Tbsp grass-fed butter (like Keri-gold)
1/2 Tbsp Raw honey
1 tsp dutch processed cocoa
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
Dash cayenne

Preparation:
Pour all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and use a stick blender to combine, or use a blender or even a food processor. 
Note: you will see some specs from the spices, not all of them will blend completely into the coffee. 
Hey! My photos are getting better! 



The addition of the different spices have some excellent health benefits:
Cinnamon- blood sugar stabilizer
Turmeric- anti-inflammatory, helps with recovery
Cayenne-helps with digestion, stimulates blood flow and circulation
Cocoa- contains iron, magnesium and zinc. Supports bones, heart and immune function.
Raw honey- Powerful antioxidant, strengthens immune system, eliminates allergies and anti-inflammatory
Vanilla- anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic 

And my post would not be complete without a picture of Walker! 
"I choose small pillow over large pillow bed"
Stay tuned for more info on my upcoming website Outside the Box Health Solutions! And if you haven't seen on FB I have a business page now that I insist you go like immediately and leave me awesome comments! Outside the Box Health Solutions FB Page

No comments:

Post a Comment