Friday, April 25, 2014

Crock Pot Beef Roast with Roasted Rosemary Carrots

I got lots of feedback last week about my Oil Pulling post and I am really excited a lot of you are giving it a go! I am going to the dentist next week so I'll update you all on what they say.

After a super fun filled weekend in NYC I came home to a house with no food in it! I immediately checked the chest freezer for something I could throw in the crock pot for a few hours with left over stuff I had lying around and that is how this recipe came to be.

**Tip- I always like to keep some homemade chicken broth/ beef broth in the freezer for these kind of things. Also, I always keep a couple cans of tomato paste and diced tomatoes in the pantry, those three things are my go to for a quick easy crock pot recipe.

Crock Pot Beef Roast:

Ingredients:

3-4 beef roast (I used shoulder)
1 cup beef broth
1 shallot- sliced
4 garlic cloves- rough chopped
2 carrots- peeled, chopped
2 Tbsp. oregano
1/2 Tbsp. salt (its always a good idea to add extra salt to crock pot recipes)
1 Tsp. Pepper
1- 6 oz. can tomato paste
1- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp. butter or ghee

Preparation:
Heat a cast iron skillet (or just a large skillet) to med- high and add butter or ghee. Once melted, brown the roast on all sides. Transfer to crock pot. Add all ingredients, cook on Low 3-4 hours, remove roast, pour liquid into blender and puree. Pour puree over roast, use as sauce, season with salt and pepper.


It literally is that easy!!

Roasted Rosemary Carrots:

Ingredients:
8 carrots- peeled and chopped
1 Tbsp. melted butter or ghee
1 Tbsp. rosemary
1 Tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chopped carrots into med bowl, add rosemary, salt and pepper, toss to cover. Pour in melted butter, toss to cover. Spread carrots out onto a tin foil lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15 mins, checking once to shake up the pan.
 I also baked some asparagus using basically the same method as the carrots


Enjoy!!

So that is one of the easiest recipes I have ever created. Just goes to show anyone can cook delicious, simple healthy food! Its easy and besides the meat in the crock pot for the 4 hours it probably took a total of 20 mins to prepare and make this. People that think cooking healthy is hard are cooking the wrong foods. When cooking good quality, fresh ingredients, less is more. You don't need fancy seasonings and condiments, let the food shine! The seasoning should be there to enhance the flavor of the food not cover it up.

Happy Cooking!

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG AND SHARE WITH EVERYONE YOU KNOW!

That is all.






No comments:

Post a Comment