Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Simple Salsa and Guac

Who doesn't love guacamole and salsa?! I eat it on eggs, I eat it on salads, heck, I'd put it on just about anything! Even though it's so easy to make my dog could do it, I thought I would share my super simple recipe for those folks new to cooking and just can't fathom making their own when a jar of the stuff is so convenient. Once you make your own fresh salsa and (as I call it) guac, you'll never go back and you will forever be able to tell the difference between fresh homemade and store bought.

So here it is, Simple Salsa and Guac- the spelling of this dip is more complicated than this recipe!

Simple Salsa
Serves 1-6

Ingredients:
2 cans diced tomatoes (I like mine with green chilies)
1/4 red onion, rough chop
1/2 a bundle of cilantro, about 1/2 a cup
1 jalapeño, rough chop
Juice from 1 lime
Preparation:
Place all ingredients in blender and blend till combined. If you want a chunkier salsa, drain one of the cans of tomatoes.


BOOM! DONE!

Guac
Serves 1-6

Ingredients:
3 Avocado
1/4 red onion- finely diced- I throw it in a mini chopper
1 large garlic clove- finely diced- Throw this in the chopper with onion
1 tomato- diced
1/4 cup Cilantro- chopped- Throw this in the chopper
Juice from 1 lime
1/2 teaspoon Salt for seasoning

Preparation:
Half the avocado and remove seed by sticking a knife in the middle and twisting, scrape out all meat into small bowl and mash a little with fork. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix. For chunkier guac, be sure to leave chunks of avocado when mashing.


BOOM! DONE!

Want to make your Guac a little fancy, cut up some mango or pineapple and throw that in there.

I will eat this stuff out of a shoe, but here's my dinner the other night, leftover grilled chicken, sautéed veggies, lettuce, salsa and guac. Simple but satisfying!



Walker really wants you to subscribe to her mom's blog and receive these AMAZING posts right to your inbox. She also loves to your feedback, but only positive stuff, she's very sensitive!








No comments:

Post a Comment