Friday, June 7, 2013

Something To Think About.....

Hi Everyone,
I don't normally post twice a week, but I recently read this article on Mark's Daily Apple and I really wanted to share it with you. It talks about how society consciously and unconsciously judges obese and over-weight people. It's really sad to think we live in a world where society tells that the right way is to be thin or skinny and that fat and especially obesity is wrong and those individuals should do anything and everything to conform to what our society deems an "ideal weight". All these products and diets you see all over TV and in magazines promoting weight loss are next to diet coke ads, cereal full of "healthy grains" and all sorts of food product making you that way in the first place. I'll admit it, I have judged someone based on there size and  I shouldn't I know, I have no idea that individuals background, what ailments they may have or maybe its just they don't know what to do. With all the conflicting information out there its easy for anyone to get confused and overwhelmed. No matter what shape or size a person is, EVERYONE deserves respect not judgement and we all need to work a little harder on this, I know I do.

I encourage all of you (all 7 of you) to read this article (its short) and ask yourself if you have wrongly judged someone based on weight.



Hey.....
If you're liking these posts or don't like them, I want to know so don't be shy and leave me a comment!
If you have suggestions, questions or something you would like to see on here (besides paleo marshmallows, those will come) let me know and I will do my best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment