Tuesday, April 16, 2013

1st Post!! Lunch time Tacos

I've had a lot of people ask me what is Paleo? What are some simple Paleo meals? Basic cooking questions, and how to cook a weeks worth of food in minimum amount of time. After sending them countless emails answering questions,  articles and recipes and things I find interesting in general I thought writing a blog may be a nice centralized location for all of this information. 

For my first post I decided to post a recipe for an easy, lighter lunch (or dinner) Paleo tacos. So in this recipe I am using ground turkey but you can change it up by using any kind of meat or a combo of different ground meats (organic, grass-fed, or free-range is the best choice). This is a super simple recipe that I take to work for lunch. I will warn you that I am not the best at measuring ingredients out and depending on how big of a portion you intend to dish out will depend on serving size but generally I try to make at least 8 servings so Ross (husband) and I will have it for most of the week. I will also post plenty of pictures because that always helps me!   So here it is.....

Ground Turkey Tacos

MEAT:
2lbs. Ground Turkey
A few good shakes of some Fiesta Seasoning to cover the meat
2-3 tbsp Butter (I use Organic Valley)

Kosher Valley & Nature's Rancher Ground Turkey

Frontier Mexican Fiesta Seasoning



SLAW:
1 bag pre-shredded Broccoli Slaw
3 Tbsp. EVOO
1 1/2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 fresh Lemon juice
1 Tsp. Stone Ground Mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste

Toppings:
Organic, no added sugar Salsa
Avocado
***Primal Lifestyle options- grass-fed Sour Cream and/or Raw Cheese


Taco Shells - Bibb Lettuce


Instructions
1. Melt butter in a pot over medium-high heat, once melted add in ground meat, cook through.

2. Combing all slaw ingredients, toss to cover
3. Assemble Taco, slaw then meat, topped with salsa and avocado.


ENJOY!!

You could easily add more ingredients to your meat like chopped onion, bell peppers or mushrooms. Get creative. Also if you can't find Bibb lettuce or it isn't holding up as a taco shell, shred it up and make a hearty taco salad.

This is how I pack it up for work, I heat the meat up and assemble the tacos


2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Sin, can't wait to read more! Post your marshmallow recipe!

    ReplyDelete